COUNCIL AFFAIRS UNIT
Council Affairs Unit is one of the Units of Registry Department. It functions as the Secretariat for the Governing Council of the University, the highest policy and decision-making body of the University for the good governance of the University except in academic matter. Its major function is to cater for the welfare of Council Members.
Council Affairs Unit is also the Secretariat of all Council Standing Committees including Appointment and Promotions Committee of Council (Academic Staff and SATS), Joint Council/ Senate Committee on Appeals and Petitions, Finance and General Purposes Committee, Works Services Committee and Committee on Internally Generated Revenue. Others are Ad-Hoc Committees on Appointment of Principal Officers, External Auditors and Key functionaries of the University including Non-teaching Directors.
Council Affairs Unit provides ancillary services to some Principal Officers of the University such as:
- Maintenance of the Chancellor’s Lodge;
- Maintenance of the Pro-Chancellor’s Lodge;
- Maintenance of the Registrar’s Lodge; and
- Maintenance of Vehicle pool for Council members.
Apart from these functions, the Unit processes papers for final assessment of Officers for promotion to terminal career positions in the University including promotion to enviable ranks of Professor, Reader, Director, Deputy Director, Deputy Registrar, Deputy Bursar and Deputy Librarian.
Council Affairs Unit is also the Secretariat for Tenders Board, and Council Procurement Unit. Towards this end, it is responsible for registration of Contractors and Award of Contracts in the University. These contracts must have gone through the University Management Tenders Board, the University Procurement Process and where applicable the Ministerial Tenders Board.
The Governing Council is currently composed as follows:
Pro-Chancellor and Chairman
Chief Mike Andrew Olorunfemi
Professor C.A. Igwe
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Professor J. Urama
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
Professor P.U. Okpoko
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Enugu Campus)
Professor E.O. Nwosu
Representative of the Federal Ministry of Education
Dr. (Mrs.) Lydia Giginna
Members Appointed by the Federal Government
Alhaji Abdullahi Yunusa
Kinika-Nsirim Access Uchechi
Chief J.N.J. Ewulu
Members Appointed by Senate
Professor R.C. Ezeokonkwo
Professor U.C. Umo
Professor F.C. Chilaka
Professor J.O. Ugwuanyi
Members Appointed by Congregation
Dr. C.S. Ubani
Barr. M.A. Obayi
Member Appointed by Convocation
Professor S.O.C. Ugwu
Registrar and Secretary to Council
Dr. Chris C. Igbokwe
Dr. J. K. Edeh
Provost, College of Medicine
Professor U.I. Nwagha
PROFILE OF HEAD OF UNIT OF COUNCIL AFFAIRS OFFICE
EVANG. CHARLES OGEMDI EBIZIE, FIIA, FCAI, MAUA (UK), JP
Mr. Charles Ogemdi Ebizie is DEPUTY REGISTRAR AND HEAD OF COUNCIL AFFAIRS UNIT, Registry Department, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Mr. Ebizie was born on March 03, 1962. He is from Umuozu, Isiala Mbano, Imo State. He was employed into the service of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in the year 1997 as Administrative Officer.
Charles Ogemdi Ebizie has the following academic qualifications: M.ED (Guidance & Counselling) – 1987; PGDE – 1985; B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology, – 1983 all in University of Nigeria, Nsukka; WASC GCE, Ibeme High School, Ibeme – 1979; First School Leaving Certificate, Obollo Central School – 1974.
Evang. Ebizie is an Alumni of the Galilee International Management Institute Israel where he obtained a Diploma in 2019. He is a member of the following professional bodies: Association of University Administrators, Manchester (MAUA)(UK) – April 2019; Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI) – 2018; Member, Counselling Association of Nigeria (MCAN) – 1987; and Nigerian Association of Psychologists (MNAP) – 1983.
Evangelist Ebizie has attended several courses, conferences, seminars and training during the course of his carrier and had earned useful certificates. Some of the courses are as follows: 2-Day Training Workshop for Senior Administrators at NIPSS Kuru Jos – 25th – 26th July 2016; 4th National Workshop on Building the Capacity of Council Secretariat at Administrative Staff College of Nigeria Topo Badagry – 12th to 16th June 2017; ICT and Strategic Management for Administrative Staff in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions organized by University of Nigeria Consultancy Services Limited – 28th February to 13th March 2016; Staff ICT Capacity Building Programme (UNNSCTCBP) – 28th October 2006; Advance Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions by Digital Bridge Institute – 17th – 21st June 2019.
He has served the University in the following Committees and capacities over the years:
- Council Committee on the Excess Work Load for Academic Staff – 1999
- Council Committee on the case between the former Registrar Mr. Uriah Umeh and the University of Nigeria – 1999.
- Council Committee on the Review of University of Nigeria Act 1999 – 2000
- Council Committee on Special/Peculiar Needs of the University of Nigeria – 2000
- Joint Council/Senate Committee on the case of Dr. K.M.C. Nweke – 2000
- Council Committee on the Restructuring of the University of Nigeria General Enterprises Ltd (UNGEL) – 2001.
- Senate Committee on the Possibility of Running the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Sandwich Programmes in nearby Secondary Schools – 2004.
- Senate Committee on Education Reforms – 2004.
- Council Committee on the Submissions from Academic Staff Union of the Universities (ASUU) – 2006.
- University of Nigeria Election Petition Tribunal – 2008.
- University of Nigeria Committee to study the Grievances of the University’s Host Communities – 2011.
- Council Committee on the Review of Staff employed in the University within 2013.
Presently he serves the following:
- Secretary Council Committee to Broker Peace in the Department of Sociology & Anthropology UNN
- Secretary Committee on unhindered Access to Tetfund Funds
Faculty Officer, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2000 – 2005
Head of Unit, Sandwich & Evening Programme 2005 – 2009
Head of Administrative Staff in Academic Planning Unit 2009 – 2013
Officer in-Charge of Junior Staff Housing Committee
Major Duties and Achievements: Handling of Junior Staff Matters as it concerns housing/accommodation
He is a Christian and married with children.
- Deputy Registrar in charge of Council Unit
- Officer in charge of day-to-day administration of the Council Unit
- Secretary Council Committee to Broker Peace n the Department of Sociology & Anthropology UNN
- Secretary Committee on unhindered Access to Tetfund Funds
- Chairman and Officer in-Charge of Junior Staff Housing Committee
BARR. EKPERE FIDELIS EZEUGWU – PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) 1975
- West African School Certificate (WASC) 1980
- National Certificate in Education (Eng/Govt) 1985
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B) (Hons) Nig. 2003
- Barrister at Law (BL) (Kano) 2004
- Mini – MBA Diploma International Business Management Institute Berlin Germany – 2020
- PGD Project & Facility Management from Chartered Institute of Project Management – 2019
- PMP Project Management Professional – 2019 from Chartered Institute of Contract Project and Facility Management Nigeria
- Diploma Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Alison Institute UK – 2020
- Diploma Human Resources (HR) Alison Institute U – 2020
- Certificates obtained from International Business Management Institute Germany – 2020
- Marketing & Communication
- Strategy & Operations
- Essential Management Sills
- Human Resources Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Economics and International Business
Fellowship/Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member Nigerian Bar Association
- Member Association of Nigeria University Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
- Fellow Institute of Industrial Administrator of Nigeria
- Associate; Chartered Institute of Contract Project & Facility Management
- Associate; Chartered Project Management Professional. The Chartered Institute of Project Management – 2019
- Member Institute of Professional Managers of Nigeria (PMA) – 2013
- 2nd in Command, Council Unit
- Officer In-charge, Endowment Secretariat of Council
- Secretary, ANUPA, UNN
- Secretary, University Environmental Committee
- Secretary to some Council Committees
- Legal Adviser, University of Nigeria Students Union Government
- Secretary UNN Consultancy Services Ltd
OGECHUKWU OBINNA ONUOBIA – SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
- Sc. – Political Science University of Ibadan, Ibadan 2010
- Sc. – Political Science University of Nigeria, Nsukka 2006
Senior Secondary School Certificate – Government College Umuahia 2001
First School Leaving Certificate
N.R.C.R.I. Primary School, Umudike 1994
Member, Strategic Management of Nigeria
Member International Association of University Administration (MAUA)
- Senior Assistant Registrar in Council Unit
- Assists in day-to-day administration of the Council Unit
- Secretary, TETFUND
- Secretary, UNGEL
- Secretary, Reconciliation of Staff Primary School
- Secretary, Council Committee on Earned Allowances for Staff of the University
- Secretary, Council Committee on Presidential Intervention Fund
- Secretary, Reassessment & update of UNN staff quarters
- Secretary, Administrative Led ACE-SPED
- Secretary, Administrative Committee on Academic Brief Etc
VINCENT NGWUJA AGBOGO – CHIEF CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY
General Certificate of Education ‘O’ Level (WAEC) – 1980/81
General Certificate of Education ‘A’ Level (WAEC) – 1987
Typewriting – 25/35/50wpm Shorthand – 50/80/100/120wpm Principles of Accounts – Stages I and II
Diploma in Public Administration and Local Government – 1993
B.Ed. (Adult Education and Extra-Mural Studies) – 2010
- Confidential Secretary
- Head of Secretarial Unit
OBIOMA SAMUEL OBIDIKE – PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER I
Certificate on Administrative Principles, Processes and Practices – ASCON Topo Badagry Lagos – 2019
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – 2005
WASC – 1999
First School Leaving Certificate – 1989
- In charge of Council Records
- General Registry Duties
- Supervision of Subordinate staff
IKECHUKWU CLEMENT OKORO – SENIOR MACHINE ROOM SUPERVISOR/SENIOR
First School Leaving Certificate – 1991
SSCE (WAEC and NECO) – 2002
Ordinary National Diploma (OND) – 2010
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – 2017
Certificate in Computer Applications, 2002
Certificate on Electronic Document Management System, ICT UNN – 2016
Information Management & How to keep the Company Secrets – Institute for Administration Reform & Secretarial Studies, Ikeja, Lagos State – 2019
Certificate of Excellence: Winner UNN Excellent Performance Award 2019 (Non-Teaching Staff Category – Best Staff of the Year (Senior Staff Cadre) – 2019
– General Secretarial Duties.
– Word Processing.
– Record and Dispatch of Correspondence
MARK ODOGU OKO – SENIOR CATERING OFFICER
First School Leaving Certificate –1981
SSCE – 1988
NABTEB, Advance Level, 2012
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) -2017 University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Catering duties in Council Unit
- General Registry Duties