Examinations Unit is a Unit of the Registry Department. Its functions are central to the nerve system of the University. Apart from its core functions of processing of results for all categories undergraduate students of the University, it functions as Secretariat to several Senate Committees of the University. The core duties of the Unit are as follows:
- Processing of results of all Degree and Diploma Students of the University of Nigeria (Nsukka and Enugu Campuses).
- Processing of results of Degree Students of affiliate institutions. The affiliate institutions are:
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe
- College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti
- Yaba College of Technology, Lagos
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku
- Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
- Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu
- Spiritan School of Theology, Isi-Enu
- Production of University of Nigeria Statement of Results/Certificates for issuance to graduates of the University and affiliate institutions upon completion of programme.
- Visiting the affiliate institutions periodically to ensure strict adherence to rules and regulations governing examinations as spelt out in the University of Nigeria, Undergraduate Regulations.
- Production and issuance of University Examination Answer Scripts and ensuring strict adherence to Rules and Regulations as it affects conduct of examinations in the University.
- Production of university of Nigeria Timetable of Events and the University Examinations Timetable.
- Acts as Secretariat to these Senate Committees:
- Senate Curriculum Committee
- Senate Examinations Committee
- Senate Standing Committee on Award of Honorary Degrees
- Senate Timetable Committee (Timetable of Events)
- Handles correspondences from Faculties and Departments and general public on matters relating to results, certificates and other matters related to examinations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Registrar.
The Process Flow
As shown in the structure of Examinations Unit, all correspondence should be addressed to the Deputy Registrar and Head of Examinations Unit. The Deputy Registrar will then pass information to the various faculty supervisors and sectional heads. Letter and documents leaving the Unit should be signed by the Deputy Registrar or any designated Staff on behalf of the Registrar of the University.
Access to Each Service
The Examinations Unit services the University and carries out functions assigned to it by the University. Any complaint by individuals (students and staff) of the University and any request for any service should be referred to the Deputy Registrar.
STRUCTURE AND NATURE
The Examinations Unit is structured as follows:
PROFILE OF HEAD, EXAMINATIONS UNIT, UNN
MRS EMPRESS AJA OKORO,
FCAI; FIIA; MAUA; FAISM
Empress Aja Okoro is a Deputy Registrar and the Head of Examinations Unit, University of Nigeria Nsukka. Prior to this, she was the Head of Sandwich and Evening Programmes Unit, University of Nigeria, Nsukka between November, 2011 and December, 2011 and August 2012 to March 2014.
Empress Aja Okoro was first employed as Administrative Assistant in 1997 and rose to the rank of Deputy Registrar in 2017. Within this period, she has served the University of Nigeria in various capacities as Administrative Assistant, Administrative Officer, Assistant Registrar, Senior Assistant Registrar, Principal Assistant Registrar and now Deputy Registrar.
She has served as Secretary in various University of Nigeria Senate Committees and other Investigation Committees of the University. She is a holder of Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Master of Education Degree (M.Ed) of the University of Nigeria. She is the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Administrative Project Manager of Erasmus KA107 International Credit Mobility coordinated by University of Valladolid, Spain.
Empress Aja Okoro is a member of the following professional bodies: Member, Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators (ANUPA), Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria (FCAI); Fellow, Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria (FIIA); Member of Association of University Administrators, United Kingdom (MAUA); Fellow Institute of Strategic Managers (FAISM).
Empress Aja Okoro participated in many conferences and trainings both within and outside Nigeria. In her current position, her organizational skills and competencies include:
- Leadership (she currently leads a team of 48 people in Examinations Unit
- Organizational Ability (she has experience in logistics)
- Good experience in project and team management.
LIST OF STAFF IN EXAMINATIONS UNIT
|S/NO.||FULNAME (SURNAME FIRST)||STATUS||HIGHEST QUALIFICATION(S)|
|1||OKORO, Empress Aja||Deputy Registrar||M.ED|
|2||ODOH, Silas Ikechukwu||Assistant Registrar||B.A|
|3||UGWU, Uchenna Cecilia||Assistant Registrar||B.SC|
|4||EZINNA, Nkemdilim Josephine||Assistant Registrar||M.SC|
|5||ADEYANJU, Omotayo Michael||Assistant Registrar||B.SC|
|6||EZEMA, Emman Uwakwe||Administrative Officer||B.A(ED)|
|7||OKOYE, Faith Nkeiruka||Administrative Officer||M.ED|
|8||IKE, Susan Oyidiya||Chief Executive Officer||B.ED|
|9||ISIGUZO, Paulinus Ndubuisi||Asst. Chief Exec. Officer||M.A|
|10||OKORO, Chiwelite Eberechukwu||Princ. Exec. Officer I||B.A|
|11||ENEOGU, Finnbarr Ikechukwu||Princ. Exec. Officer I||M.SC|
|12||ENEZE, Celestina Amaka||Princ. Exec. Officer I||HND|
|13||IKEKWUIBE, Solomon Jachike||Princ. Exec. Officer I||B.TECH, PGDE|
|14||EZEAH, Christian Sunday||Princ. Exec. Officer I||MLS|
|15||AGBO, Festus Tabugbo||Princ. Exec. Officer I||B.A|
|16||UCHECHUKWU, Mercy Chinyere||Princ. Exec. Officer I||B.ED, PGD|
|17||NWEZE, Chidozie Ugwumsinachi||Princ. Soc. Welfare Officer||M.SC|
|18||OLAJIDE, Chidinma Joy||Princ. Tech. Officer||B.SC|
|19||ORISAKWE, Clementina Ezichukwu||Princ. Exec. Officer II||B.ED|
|20||IMOH, Jane Chidimma||Senior Programmer||B.SC|
|21||OBODO, Anthonia Akunkwo||Princ. Exec. Officer II||B.ED|
|22||ETTE, Cecilia Okwudili||Snr. Data Processing Officer II||B.SC|
|23||ASOGWA, Jude-Thaddeus Onyemaechi||Princ. Exec. Officer II||MFA|
|24||UGWU, Chijioke Clement||Princ. Exec. Officer II||BSC|
|25||ADETARAMI, Olawale Clement||Higher Tech. Officer I||M.ED|
|26||UGWU, Emenike Benedict||Higher Tech. Officer I||M.SC|
|27||IFEANYI-UCHEFUNA, Ebere Chinelo||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|28||NWAFOR, Ngozi Florence||Higher Exec. Officer||DIPLOMA|
|29||BANDE, Ponsak Stephen||System Analyst II||B.SC|
|30||AGBO, Jonathan Chukwunwike||System Analyst II||B.SC|
|31||NWAIWU, Uchechukwu Eliazar||Operations Manager II||B.SC|
|32||ADU, Israel Oluwadare||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|33||NJOKU, Onyinye||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|34||OMEILI, Gerald Chukwudubem||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|35||EZEANYA, Lilian Chinenye||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.A(ED)|
|36||EYA, Ifeanyi Oliver||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|37||EMEH, Ifeanyichukwu||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|38||ORJI, Victor Emeka||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|39||ATTAMA, Vivian Chioma||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|40||ELEMCHUKWU, Goodness Mmeri||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|41||EZE, Ogochukwu Ruth||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|42||NDIOMARAKE, Chinwendu Ngozi||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|43||AGBO, Philomina Ngozi||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|44||NWANKWO, Emeka Fredrick||Higher Tech. Officer II||B.SC|
|45||UDEANOR, Regina Ifeyinwa||Machine Room Supvr./Exec. Officer||DIPLOMA|
|46||EZEUGWU, Annastacia Nwanneka||Assistant Exec. Officer||B.ED|
|47||DIARUA, Theresa Ifeyinwa||Senior Clerical Officer||NCE|
|48||OBIKE, Catherine Nnenna||Snr. Cleaner Messgr.||SSCE|
|49||ONYEKE, Victoria Florence||Snr. Cleaner Messgr.||WAEC|