WELCOME TO ADMISSIONS UNIT
The Admissions Unit of the Registry Department implements the decisions of the University Management as they affect admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes of the University. In doing this, the Unit ensures that students’ credentials are authentic and that they satisfy the Departmental as well as basic University entry requirements. This Unit in one way or the other manages the students’ progress in the University in collaboration with other arms of the Registry, especially the Students’ Records Unit, the Examinations Unit and the Faculties until graduation.
The cardinal roles of the Admissions Unit are captured in the following work-flows:
ADMISSIONS OF CANDIDATES (WORK FLOW)
- Candidates to apply to JAMB for online registration, including biometric capturing to qualify candidate to sit for UTME (Applications normally starts around November/December). All candidates must upload their O/Level Results to JAMB Portal to qualify to be considered for admission.
- Conduct of UTME throughout the country by JAMB in approved CBT Centres (Examinations last for about three weeks).
- Release of UTME results by JAMB and making it accessible to candidates to print Result Slips.
- Checking the UNN minimum UTME score that would enable one to register for Post UTME (The minimum UTME score to qualify to register for Post UTME has been 180 in the last 3 sessions).
- Applying/Registering for Post UTME at the UNN Portal when advertised.
- Sitting for the Post UTME at the designated centre and time as would be communicated to the candidates by the University and also published in the UNN website.
- Checking the Result of the Post UTME to determine the average score which would be used for admission. UNN normally insists that only those who make an average UTME and Post UTME of 200 and above would be considered for any kind of admission (Primary, Supplementary/Advert).
- Conduct of Primary Admissions at departmental/faculty level.
- Conduct of the meeting of the Committee of Deans where Primary (Merit) admissions from various faculties would be considered and approved.
- Processing of Primary Admissions at JAMB CAPS and subsequent publication of the list at the UNN Website/Portal. Only admission processed in CAPS would be published and registered.
- Publication of Advert/Shopping into courses where vacancies exist after the Primary (Merit) Admissions.
- Applications for Advert/Shopping from candidates who scored the minimum cut-off for admissions, but who could not be admitted in Primary (Merit) admission. Usually the number of vacancies in each course/department are clearly stated in the advert.
- Processing of Advert/Shopping applications and recommendations of the appropriate number of candidates at the faculty level.
- Processing of recommended candidates at JAMB CAPS and subsequent publication of the list in UNN website/portal.
TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
- All successful Direct Entry candidates should on publication of their admission list apply to their former institution (e.g. Colleges of Education, Polytechnics, Universities, etc) to send their transcripts to the Registrar, UNN.
- The Admissions Unit receives transcripts of Direct Entry students from the Registrar’s Office.
- Lists the transcripts according to institutions and states.
- Forward listed transcripts with institutions and states to Chairman, Senate Entrance Board for constitution of Verification Teams.
- The Admissions Unit then; grants full clearance to Direct Entry candidates after verification of transcripts and ensures compliance with other entry requirements.
- Forwards fully cleared files to Records Unit for onward transmission to Exams Unit after necessary processes.
GRANTING OF FULL CLEARANCE TO NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
- All fresh students are required to contact their respective Faculty Officers where registration materials are issued to students.
- Fresh students to pay acceptance fee and tuition fees to be eligible for registration.
- Fresh students to complete forms and populate files issued by the Faculty Officer.
- Admissions Office receives students’ files from the faculty office.
- Conduct of Online verification of O’Level results of candidates’ entry qualifications.
- Ensuring that all documents/credentials are fully inserted in the students’ files before granting the students full clearance by Admissions Office.
- Forwarding of fully cleared files to Records Office for onward transmission to Exams Office after necessary processes.
INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER (WORK FLOW)
- Candidates from other universities of equivalent recognition within and outside Nigeria can apply for inter-University Transfer subject to conditions specified in the application form which is accessible to such candidates from the University Portal on request.
- Such candidates should apply online in the UNN Portal and complete the required forms after carefully studying the requirements and paying the application/processing fee.
- Such applications should be printed by the candidates and forward the last page of the application for official endorsement and release by their current institution, while the main form should be forwarded to the Registrar. Transcripts of the candidates from their current institution should also be forwarded to the Registrar.
- The processed form is sent to the Department/Faculty where the candidate wants to transfer to for the recommendation of the Head of Department and Dean. These recommendations are forwarded to the Chairman Senate Entrance Board for presentation at the Board’s meeting for consideration.
- The recommendations of the Senate Entrance Board is sent to the Vice-Chancellor for final approval.
- Approved recommendations are sent to the ICT by the Registrar for reflection in the University Portal, to enable the candidate commence registration.
CHANGE OF DEGREE (WORK FLOW)
- Normally, a student is allowed to change his/her degree programme on completion of at least one full academic year in the University.
- Official application for change of degree programme is done on-line after the prescribed fees are paid by the student.
- The student is required to submit the completed change of degree application form summary, WASSCE result and evidence of payment to the Secretary, Admissions Unit for the processing.
- The Admissions Unit will download change of degree application from the UNN Portal and forward same to their respective current departments/faculties to enable them release or decline release of the students, stating reason(s) in each case and provide the required information on the students as contained in the relevant columns as indicated on the forms and return same to the Admissions Unit on or before the stipulated date.
- The completed forms dully signed and stamped by the Deans/Heads of Department/Faculty Officers must indicate if the student is released or not. (The Admissions Unit as a matter of policy must not process the forms of students whose departments/faculties refused to release).
- After the departments/faculties return the completed forms, the acceptance forms are then sent with all the relevant information already provided by the current departments/faculties to the proposed departments/faculties for their acceptance or rejection of the students; placing them on appropriate year of study.
- The completed acceptance form duly signed and stamped should be returned to the Admissions Office on or before the stipulated date.
- Finally, forwarding of the names of all accepted students, with their various new departments/faculties and their years of study to the ICT unit for update in the respective profiles of the students.
PROFILE OF HEAD OF ADMISSIONS UNIT
- GODWIN ONYEMAECHI NNADI, FIIA, FCAI, FIPMD
B.Sc. (Pol. Sc. Ed); M.Sc. (Pol.Sc./Pub Admin.)
Godwin Onyemaechi Nnadi is the current Head of the Admissions Unit of the Registry, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Prior to this, he had served in various administrative capacities in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, including, Unit Head Statistics/Records Unit of Personnel Service (2004-2007); Sectional Head (Transcript Section) Records and Students Services Unit of the Registry (2007-2011); Unit Head Administration and Council Units of the Registry (2011-2014). He has over 30 years’ experience in the University management and administration.
Godwin Onyemaechi Nnadi has the following academic qualifications: Master of Science in Political Science/Public Administration (2010); B.S.(Ed.) in Political Science Education (2001); Diploma in Public Administration (Financial Management) (1990) all in the University of Nigeria; General Certificate of Education (GCE) (1981); First School Leaving Certificate (1975). He also possesses a certificate in Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions from the Digital Bridge Institute (2019); and Computer Application Certificate from MIS (UNN) (2002). He is currently a Ph.D student of the Department of Political Science of the University of Nigeria.
He is a Fellow, Institute of Industrial Administration (FIIA), 2015; Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI), 2018; Fellow, Institute of Policy Management Development (FIPMD) 2019; Member, Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators (ANUPA) 2006); Secretary ANUPA, UNN Branch (2005-2012); Secretary, Council Committee on Project Monitoring 2010-2012; Secretary, UNN Senate Ceremonials Committee 2009-2014; Member Representing Congregation, UNN Council Committee on Budget Monitoring 2013-2017; Secretary, UNN Senate Entrance Board 2014 to date; Secretary, UNN Admissions Committee 2016 to date.
He has attended many conferences/workshops/seminars and has published two articles in different journals viz: Journal of Nigerian Political Science Association 2017 (Arab League, Autocratic System and the Challenge of Democratization of member states; International Organisation of Scientific Research (IORS) Journal March 2020 (NEMA and the Challenge of Effective Management of Internally displaced persons in North Eastern Nigeria. He had served and is still serving many religious and community organisations.
He is married with children.
LIST OF STAFF IN ADMISSIONS UNIT
|S/N||NAME||SEX||PHONE NO||QUALIFICATIONS||CURRENT POST||DATE OF CURRENT APPOINTMENT||SCHEDULE OF DUTY|
|1||NNADI, GODWIN ONYEMAECHI||M||08037383267||GCE O/L, DIP IN PUB ADMIN, B.SC. (ED) POL. SC; MSC. POL. SC/PUB ADMIN.||DEPUTY REGISTRAR/ DEPUTY DIRECTOR||2020||HEAD OF UNIT, ADMISSIONS UNIT, REGISTRY – SUPERVISION OF THE UNIT, SECRETARY, SENATE ENTRANCE BOARD – PUTME SCREENING, CERTIFICATE VERIFICATION AND SECRETARY, UNIVERSITY ADMISSTIONAL COMMITTEE – GENERAL ADMISSION MATTERS.|
|2||DARAMOLA RAFU AYODELE||M||08063117352||MBA, PGD FINANCE, BSC GEO.||SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR||01/10/2018||PROCESSING OF ADMISSION; GRANTING OF FULL CLEARANCE, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|3||ASOGWA, FLORENCE ANAYOCHUKWU||F||08062626892||FSL, WASC, DIPLOMA, B.ED, M.EO IN VIEW||ASSISTANT REGISTRAR||01/10/2018||SUPVERSISING STAFF UNDER MY SCHEDULE; VERIFICATION OF TRANSCRIPTS, SIGNING OF FILES OF STUDENTS IN OUR AFFILIATES SCHOOLS AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|4||OMEYE, BASIL I.||M||08039211603||ADVANCED TYPEWRITING (FIRST CLASS); 120 WPM (SHORTHAND); B.A. (HONS.) NIG.||CHIEF CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY||01/10/2016||TAKING MINUTES; STORE INVENTORY, FILLING AND RETRIEVAL AND OTHER FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR|
|5||NJAMANZE, FLOURISH AGOZIE||F||08039243972||PGD, ADV. DIP, DIP IN PUB. ADM., GCE,||CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER||2014||CLEARING OF STUDENT FILES, IN- CHARGE OF PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED AND DIPLOMA STUDENTS, DRAFTING OF MAILS AS MAY BE ASSIGNED BY THE ADMISSIONS OFFICER,|
|6||IKEME, GLORIA NNEKA||F||08037015558||PGDE, B.A. (FRENCH), WASC.||CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2014||SUPERVISING STAFF UNDER ME; IN-CHARGE OF CHANGE OF DEGREE PROGRAMME, DRAFTINGS OF MAILS AND ANY OTHER DUTY AS MAY BE DIRECTED BY THE ADMISSION OFFICER (PAR ADMS).|
|7||EZE ESTHER NKECHI||F||09012499342||H.N.D., P.G.D., SSCE||ASSISTANT CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2017||SCREENING AND VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS FILES AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MY UNIT HEAD OR SUPVERVISOR.|
|8||UGWU EUNICE OGOCHUKWU||F||08037776228||BSC. PSYCHOLOGY, UNN DIPLOMA IN RELIGION||ASSISTANT CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2019||VERIFYING OF STUDENTS FILE AND SIGNING OF FULL CLERANCE AND OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME BY MY IMMIDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|9||OBETA, MARGARET||F||08035289154||B.SC. HEALTH, N.C.E, GRADE II, FSLC||ASSISTANT CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER||02/10/2019||VERIFICATION OF STUDENT FILES, AND TRANSCRIPTS AND OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MY SUPERVISOR AND MY BOSS.|
|10||OZOUDE, SUSSAN NONYE CHIKA||F||08069100609||B.SC (ED) SSCE, FSLC||PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER I||01/10/2017||SCREENING AND VERIFIICATION OF STUDENT FILES, VERIFICATION OF STUDENT FILES OF THE AFFILIATED SCHOOLS AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THE HEAD AND SUPPER VISOR.|
|11||UWANAKA ONONYE FLORENCE NKEM||F||08061390796||G.C.E. NCE, B.ED. (ADULT EDU/ADMINISTRATION)||PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER I||01/10/2014||CLEARING OF FILES, VERIFYING OF STUDENTS RESULTS ONLINE AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME BY THE ADMISSION OFFICER.|
|12||EZEWUSI, ONYINYE, JULIANA||F||08069405954||PGDE BSC., SSCE||PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER I||01/10/2017||FULL CLEARANCE, PROCESSING OF RE-ADMISSION, INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFERS, HANDLING OF WITHDRAWAL/RESCISSION AND OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE ADMISSIONS OFFICER.|
|13||OVAGA NNEDINSO FIDELIA||F||08063159266||WAEC, NCE B.ED.||PRINCIPAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER II||2015||CLEARANCE OF STUDENTS FILES, CLEARANCE OF AFFLIATES SCHOOL FILES, INVIGILATION, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|14||NZEAKO DOROTHY CHINELO||F||08036089626||B.ED, OND, DIPLOMA IN ADULT EDU.||SENIOR EXECUTIVE OFFICER||2017||VERIFICATION OF STUDENT’S FILES, DISPATCHING OF MAILS, INVIGILATION IN EXAMINATION AND OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|15||CHIKELUBA FAVOUR NNEKA||F||08032750535||B.SC, DIPLOMA, WAEC, FSLC||CHIEF COMPUTER OPERATOR||01/10/2017||DATA ENTRY OPERATIONS, PROCESSING ADMISSIONS OF STUDENTS, CHANGE OF DEGREE, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION, ONLINE VERIFICATIONS OF RESULTS AND ANY OTHER DUTIES GIVEN TO ME.|
|16||OMEGO JAMES UDOKA||M||08038782509||MSC, B.SC, NIM, NECO, FSLC||HIGHER TECHNICAL OFFICER I||19/06/2020||VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS FILES AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THE HEAD OR SUPERVISOR.|
|17||ANORUE OKWUDIRI SUNDAY||M||08032906873||B.SC, WASC, FSLC||HIGHER TECHNICAL OFFICER II||19/06/2020||VERIFICATION OF STUDENT FILES, PROCESSING OF INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFERS AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASIGNED BY MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.|
|18||ONI EMMANUEL OLUSOLA||M||08038085953||B.SC. GEOGRAPHY||HIGHER TECHNICAL OFFICER II||06/02/2018||MAIL CLERK, FILE CLEARANCE TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION AND ONLINE VERIFICATION OF O’LEVEL RESULTS.|
|19||OBETA, MARTINA ONYEKA||F||08064879690||FSLC, SSCE, NCE, CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING IN COMPUTER B.LIS (IN VIEW)||SENIOR MACHINE ROOM SUPERVISOR I/HIGHER EXECUTIVE OFFICER||10/01/2019||DATA ENTRY OPERATIONS; PROCESSING OF STUDENTS’ADMISSION, ONLINE VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS RESULTS, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION AND ANY OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MY BOSS.|
|20||EZE MARTINAL OBIOMA||F||08134725483||DIPLOMA IN ADULT ED./COMM DEV., SSCE, FSLC CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING IN COMPUTER||SENIOR MACHINE ROOM SUPERVISOR I/HIGHER EXECUTIVE OFFICER||10/01/2019||DATA ENTRY OPERATIONS; PROCESSING OF STUDENTS’ADMISSION, ONLINE VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS RESULTS, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION AND ANY OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MY BOSS.|
|21||EKEUDA CAROLINE UCHE||F||08030882766||GCE, NECO, ND INPUB ADMIN, DIP IN COMPUTER.||EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2017||ADMISSIONS PROCESS, TRANSCRIPT VERIFICATION, VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS’RESULT ONLINE AND OTHER OFFICE WORK.|
|22||IWUOFOR SAMUEL CHIGOZIE||M||07035101732||BSC POLITICAL SCIENCE, WASC/NECO||EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2017||VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS FILES FOR PHOTOCOPYING OF OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS AND ANY OTHER DUTY ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR.|
|23||UGWU KINGSLEY OGOMEGBUNAM||M||07061122812||M.SC. IN VIEW, B.SC., OND, WASC, NECO, FSLC.||EXECUTIVE OFFICER||02/10/2017||VERIFICATION OF STUDENT FILES, RECORDING OF STUDENTS TRANSCRIPTS AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR.|
|24||OJI CHIKA IJEOMA||F||08039389972||B.SC. BUSINESS ADMIN, ESUT, DIPLOMA CO-OP STUDIES.||EXECUTIVE OFFICER||01/10/2018||VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS DIPLOMA FILES AND ANY OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THE HEAD OR SUPERVISOR AS AT WHEN DUE.|
|25||UZODIGWE CHIKA P.O.||F||07031870575||OND, (B.SC. IN VEIW)||EXECUTIVE OFFICER||2015||CLEARING OF STUDENT FILES AND ANY OTHER WORK THAT MAY OCCOUR.|
|26||UGWUOKE EDITH L.||F||08168820170||FSLC||CHIEF CLEANER/MESSENGER||01/10/2010||DESPATCHING OF MAILS; CLEANING THE OFFICES AND OTHER DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME BY MY BOSS.|